Monday, 14 July 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo Week 2 Update



Woah, two weeks of camp are over already? That's way too fast, it means I'm two weeks closer to exams! Anyway, as you can imagine by the last sentence, exams and other things have impeded my progress. But anyway, goal updates:

Goal 1: Revising Mi and You

I actually got a few great pieces of feedback over the weekend, so I'll probably be able to revise a few more chapters than I expected this week. I'm really happy about that!

By the way, anyone interesting in exchanging feedback? We could do it like a volley - I give feedback for one chapter of your story, you give feedback for one chapter of my story. Message/email me if you're interested (I can provide examples of the feedback I give, so we know what we're getting out of this exchange.

Goal 2: Writing the Collab story

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I've introduce two more main characters. The bad news is that I've only written up to Chapter 9. But, I do have a few more chapters mapped out, so hopefully I do a bit more writing this week.

Overall:

I think that I'm not going to meet both goals. Because face it, I have exams coming up, and schoolwork is going to be #1 here. But, I think I'll be able to set up a good pace for writing and revising, so with any luck, I'll finish both goals by the end of September (assuming the holidays don't throw me for a loop).

How is your Camp NaNoWriMo going along?